You know how easy it is to get your items listed on Melltoo, but how can you make it ‘ easier’ to sell them?
Image is everything!
Snapping a pic takes seconds, but we know that well presented items, with more than one image sell quicker. Before you snap away, think about:
- Presentation – is the clothing clean and pressed? Hang it up on the back of a door or similar – no one wants to buy crumpled items, where colour and shape are not clear. Non clothing items are harder to photograph, but make sure the images fit everything in the frame and show it off to it’s best advantage.
Take pictures using natural light
Use mannequins or models to showcase clothing, jewelry etc
Arrange items in an attractive and/or creative way
- Use a complementary background to your items – Place them carefully to give buyers a clear idea of what is being sold – think about how YOU like to see items online before you buy, and what makes you keen to click ‘ Buy It Now’
Use a table or a wall with a solid color as a background
Use a hook to hang bags or clothes on a wall
Clean the surface before displaying your items
How to describe your item
The details are important to the buyer! Accuracy is key and avoids problems after purchase and saves time.
Don’t forget: Here are a couple of things that you should try to include in every listing:
- Accurate Information
When you’re entering the details for a listing on Melltoo, make sure that the spelling of the model and/or brand of the item is correct, so people can find it easily. Don’t miss out on a sale, because of a simple spelling error. Many people are looking for a cheaper iPhone, which they won’t find if it’s spelled ifone!
Always make sure to tell your potential buyers if your item is new or used. If your item is used, be HONEST. Always be honest about irregularities in your descriptions by stating EXACTLY what they are.
Extra Tip: You can use words like almost new, in good condition or very well used to describe the used items you’re listing on Melltoo.
- Brand or origin.
If you’re selling something at a high price, because you bought it from an expensive store or it’s a higher end ‘ brand’ – make sure to mention that in your description, so potential buyers know why it is expensive, and can also search for this brand via the app.
- Original Price
The best way to show a buyer what a great deal they’re getting is by telling them the original price, especially if you know that they’re getting an unbeatable discount!
Extra tip: If you really want to WOW your buyer, do the math for them! If you’re selling a Michael Kors bag for 2500AED that you originally bought for 5000AED, tell your buyers that they’re getting a 50% discount in your description!
6) Length of Ownership (Cars)
How long you have owned a used item can be very important to know, especially when you’re dealing with cars. If you’re selling a car on Melltoo, make sure to mention the model, year, kilometers traveled, how long you have owned it and if it’s had previous owners in your description.
The Price Is Right!
It doesn’t matter how attractive your items are, if they are ‘too expensive’ then they won’t sell – simple!
People look to Melltoo for a bargain, for pre-loved and branded items at a fraction of the retail price.
- Be fair – It’s great to make as much money as possible from selling pre-loved items, but put yourself in the buyer’s shoes – your price should reflect the condition, the brand and what you yourself would expect to pay for a second hand item
- Also factor – The ‘buy it now’ price includes the costs incurred by you as a seller – the delivery charge and the commission to Melltoo – this commission averages 12% of the ‘ buy it now’ price and it is this, minus these fees that you, as a seller will receive.
example- Selling price AED 150 ( cost to buyer inclusive)
Seller receives AED 128 ( AED 150 – 12% )
This could make a difference to your asking price, but should NOT substitute a fair deal
Communicate & negotiate!
The Melltoo app makes it super easy to connect with buyers ‘ in app’ through chat and messages.
If you want to get a buyer interested in an item you’re selling on Melltoo, you have to to learn how to take good pictures. Read this simple guide and learn all about the dos and don’ts of picture taking, so you can create awesome Melltoo listings in the future!
1) When “framing” a picture of an item you want to sell…
Make sure to:
- Take pictures using natural light
- Use mannequins or models to showcase clothing, jewelry etc
- Arrange items in an attractive and/or creative way
- Taking pictures at night
- Taking picture with flash
- Taking blurry photos
2) When choosing a background for the picture of an item you want to sell…
Make sure to:
- Use a table or a wall with a solid color as a background
- Use a hook to hang bags or clothes on a wall
- Clean the surface before displaying your items
- Taking pictures of your items on the ground or on a floral background
- Using a white background or a screenshot to advertise your item
- Using a dirty or reflective surface as a background
3) When taking a picture of items for a bundle listing…
Make sure to:
- Categorize items into logical groups (e.g. books by one author)
- Layout all items neatly so they are visible to buyers
- Use all 3 photos in the Melltoo listing to display different views of your items
- Mixing up different items from different categories in one listing (e.g. baby items and high heel shoes)
- Taking picture of multiple items in a disorganized pile
- Using pictures that show items from only one angle