1. REFERRAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
LAST UPDATE: 30 Oct, 2016
There is a lifetime CAP of Melltoo referral credit at AED 1,000* – you can therefore refer up to 50* friends with your unique link.
The Melltoo Referral Program (“Program”) offered by Melltoo Marketplace (“Melltoo”) was created with the goal of rewarding loyal Customers (“Referrer” or “Participant”) who recommend friends, colleagues and family members (“Participant” or “Referree”) join Melltoo’s vibrant marketplace. The Program was also established to reward the friends, colleagues and family members who took Referrers’ advice and joined our community, by offering them a reward for signing up! The following Melltoo Referral Program Terms and Conditions (“Program Terms and Conditions”) contains important information about the Program and the way that relationships between Referrers, Referrees and Melltoo will be regulated. These terms represent a binding agreement between the aforementioned parties and will govern each party’s’ participation in any and all Program offers.
By participating in the Program, you agree to respect the program rules, as outlined below, and Melltoo’s General Policies, as outlined on the website. If Participants do not agree to these Program Terms and Conditions in their entirety, they will not be authorized to participate in the Program. Failure to respect the Program’s Terms and Conditions and Melltoo’s General Policies could lead to punitive measures or the permanent suspension of Participants’ Melltoo accounts.
Melltoo reserves the right to modify these Program Terms and Conditions at any time, at its sole discretion, and without notice to Participants. Participation in the Program is considered an acceptance of Program Terms and Conditions and any modifications which might be made. Melltoo also reserves the right to change, cancel, suspend, or modify any aspect of the Program without notice. Furthermore, Melltoo also reserves the right to disqualify any Participants or prospective Participants at any time from participation in the Program. For further information please email [email protected]
Definition of Eligible Participants
- By participating in the Program, Referrers affirm that the Referees they have provided are eligible and that they agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Program in its entirety,
- Eligible Participants (Referrers and Referrers) will be defined as:
- A UAE Resident,
- Over the age of 18,
- A Real individual (i.e. not a dummy identity created for the purpose of accumulating referral credit or engaging in lewd, inappropriate or criminal behavior),
- Referrers may refer as many eligible Participants as they like and receive 20AED of Melltoo credit in their Melltoo Wallet for each valid referral,
- Referrers can’t refer Participants who already have a Melltoo account,
Definition of Valid, Invalid, Successful & Incomplete Referrals
A referral is valid when an existing Melltoo account holder invites individuals with no previous Melltoo account to download the app using their unique referral link. Referrals are not valid where the Referrer and the Referee are the same person.
- A referral is successful and complete when:
- A Referrer uses their unique referral link (Referrers can obtain their unique referrals links by reviewing our policies) to invite a new Participant to download the Melltoo app,
- The Referee signs up for a new account via the referral link and subsequently downloads the Melltoo app and logs in,
- Both the Referrer and the Referee immediately receive 20AED Melltoo credit in their Melltoo Wallets, after following all the correct rules and procedures.
- A referral is invalid or incomplete when:
- A Referrer creates dummy identities, email accounts and phone numbers to invite themselves to download the Melltoo app in an effort to accumulate credit,
- A Referrer coerces prospective Participants to obtain their identity, email accounts and phone numbers to create dummy accounts, with or without their consent, to accumulate Melltoo credit,
- A Referree uses a different download link (i.e. not the Referrer’s unique referral link) to download the Melltoo app,
- A Referree fails to download and log into the Melltoo app,
- Neither the Referrer nor the Referree immediately receive 20AED Melltoo credit in their Melltoo Wallets, despite having followed all the correct rules and procedures.
Usage of Melltoo Credit
- After each successful referral, both Referrers and Referees will be credited with 20AED* of credit in their Melltoo Wallets, which they can spend immediately,
- Melltoo credit accumulated from referrals can only be used to purchase items in-app.
- Up to 50%* of the purchase price or a maximum of 500* AED can be paid using free credit.
- Melltoo credit accumulated from referrals can’t be withdrawn or transferred to other users.
*Amounts subject to change without notice, refer to the app for current amount.