Last Updated: 22 February 2021
The following Terms and Conditions (henceforth, known as “Terms and Conditions”) set out the requirements to use Melltoo’s applications, websites and other related services (henceforth, collectively known as “the Services”). The services include a technology platform that:
- allows users to upload listings of secondhand items for sale;
- allows users to browse a wide range of secondhand and new goods
- facilitates private and secure communication among users;
- facilitates the buying and selling of secondhand items by providing technology-based proprietary payment and shipping services;
- allows users to carry out safe and secure transactions that do not involve any form of direct contact and/or face to face interaction.
Using the Services is strictly for those who have signed up specifically as a user (henceforth referred to as “the User”). By this term, we mean those who have accepted these Terms and Conditions. If you are not in agreement with any part of the Terms and Conditions, you should not use any of our Services.
By accepting the Terms and Conditions the User agrees to:
- Read and understand the aforementioned and following terms;
- Accept all the obligations stated herein;
- Be over the age of 18 years old and have the adequate legal capacity to use the Services. All account holders must be at least 18 years of age or have the permission and the proper supervision of a responsible parent or a legal guardian who shall be responsible for their activity that occurs through their Melltoo accounts while using the Services. Therefore, this policy does not discuss use of the Services by minors.
The Terms and Conditions are applicable and deemed effectively in force as of 25 November 2018 and replace the previous Terms and Conditions that were previously applied. User agreement to these is a preliminary prerequisite in order to use the Services.
Melltoo, the service provider reserves the right to modify, amend and update the Terms and Conditions at any time and without prior notice. Updates to terms and conditions will be communicated to users and continued use of the Services implies agreement to terms and conditions.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all users of the Services, including without limitation users who are sellers, buyers, and merchants. If you are entering into this agreement for and on behalf of a business entity, the term “you” in this agreement shall mean the business entity on whose behalf you are using the Services, unless the context does not permit.
By using the Services in any manner, including but not limited to installing Melltoo mobile applications, visiting Melltoo website or utilizing the Services, you agree to observe and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, and policies referenced herein and/or those referenced to in Melltoo’s User Guide.
Registration and Account Creation
In order to be eligible for using the Services, Melltoo requires prior registration as a User, and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
On becoming a User of Melltoo, you willingly agree to the following:
- You are capable of entering into and committing to legally binding contractual agreements under applicable laws in your country of residence;
- You will provide true, accurate, up to date, complete and truthful information about yourself as prompted and stipulated by Melltoo registration requirements;
- You will provide a valid mobile phone number and email address for registration and choose a username that represents your identity on Melltoo;
- Your username shall not include the word “Melltoo” or any other words that may give users a false impression that you are associated with Melltoo whether directly or indirectly;
- Your username shall not include any of your contact information including but not limited to your landline telephone number, mobile phone number and email address;
- You will provide your personal email address and a valid, actively in-use mobile phone number to be linked to your Melltoo account when you first sign up for using the Services;
- If you are representing a business enterprise, organization or any other legal entity, you must have authority to bind the Entity to these Terms and Conditions accordingly;
- Your registration data shall be verified by Melltoo through its standard registration data verification process. Without mobile number and email verification, you will not be able to access all the Services;
- As a seller, Melltoo may require information such as your full legal name as it appears in your passport, date of birth, bank account information and/or credit card information in order to verify your identity and provide the Services to you;
- Depending on which services you choose to use, Melltoo may require additional information for processing withdrawal requests and/or occasionally performing routine audits of transactions, including but not limited to bank account number, IBAN number credit card holder’s name, credit card number, mobile phone number, and physical mailing address. In some cases, Melltoo may require you to provide an electronically transmitted scanned copy of your ID documents such as passport, national ID or resident card.
- You shall be solely responsible at all times for maintaining the security of your Melltoo account since Melltoo does not assume responsibility for any damage, misuse or loss of user accounts under any circumstances;
- You shall not set up multiple user accounts and/or transfer the ownership or sell your user account to any other parties.
Privacy and Protection of User Data
- You are fully responsible for all activity, liability and damage resulting from your failure to maintain password confidentiality.
- You agree to immediately notify Melltoo of any unauthorized use of your password or any breach of security.
- You also agree that Melltoo cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to keep your password secure.
- You agree to not provide your username and password information in combination to any other party other than Melltoo without Melltoo’s expressed written permission.
You must keep your account information (e.g., location, user ID, verification number) up-to-date and accurate at all times, including a valid email address and mobile number.
You may not transfer or sell your Melltoo account and User ID to another party or sell any services related to the use of Melltoo mobile application such as automated likes , follows or user reviews.
Data Collection Policies
Melltoo uses the personal data users provide in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy and Protection of User Data policies detailed in this User Agreement. For instance, if you contact us by email or other messaging means, we will use the personal data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem, or if you confirm a transaction using our Melltoo Pay & Ship service, we will use the financial data you provide to complete the transaction. Melltoo may also use your personal data and other personally non-identifiable information collected through our services (‘likes’ on the app, category of items posted) to help us customize our services, improve the content and functionality of our services, better understand our users, and prevent fraud.
Melltoo may use this information to communicate with you regarding our existing services and features or to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, any marketing communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- Melltoo uses a variety of technologies to help us better understand how people use our application and services.
- Melltoo may partner with third-party service providers who may use various tracking technologies, such as browser cookies or flash cookies, to provide certain services or features. These technologies allow a partner to recognize your mobile device or computer each time you visit Melltoo, but do not allow access to personally identifiable information from Melltoo. Melltoo does not have access or control over these third-party technologies, and they are not covered by our privacy statement.
Use of User Information
- Melltoo will not sell or disclose your name, email address or other personal information to third parties without your prior explicit consent.
- Your Melltoo username shall be publicly displayed and connected to your Melltoo activity. Other platform users and visitors may view your profile information, likes, item locations, items listed for sale, sold item listings, and reviews and comments in the platform community spaces.
- Melltoo automatically receives and records some information while you are browsing listings through either Melltoo mobile application or Melltoo website from your PC and/or mobile browser, such as your IP address, location, purchases and user behavior as well as other information such as mobile network provider.
- Some users or visitors may connect to or register a Melltoo account using an external third-party application, such as Facebook or Google. Melltoo may receive some data from those connected third party applications as well as request additional information. Connecting your Melltoo account to third-party applications or services is optional, and when you connect your account to external applications, you will be given the opportunity to grant permission of access to such information. You can revoke your permission at any time.
- Melltoo uses the information described in this User Agreement to provide and improve our services and products for identification and authentication purposes, to contact members or interested parties, and for general research and aggregate reporting purposes.
Electronic Communications and Messages from Melltoo
- As a user of Melltoo, you agree that we may communicate with you by email or through in-app messaging.
- On occasion, Melltoo will send you messages serving a variety of purposes. The default, required form of communication is in-app messages or emails. You will likely receive many messages from us throughout your use of the Services.
- Some messages from Melltoo are service-related and may require action from you. Examples of service-related messages include, but are not limited to: a welcome/confirmation email when you register your account, an SMS verification code, a notification of offers and promo campaigns or correspondence with Melltoo’s user support team. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages from Melltoo, unless you request to permanently terminate your user account and to remove you from our users database.
- As a user, Melltoo may also send you messages related to certain features on the mobile application related to your activity. Melltoo may also send you news or updates about changes to our websites, mobile applications, or services, or terms and conditions.
Right to Refuse Service
- Melltoo reserves the right, at Melltoo’s sole discretion, to cancel unverified or inactive accounts.
- Melltoo reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any given time.
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, the registered user information may be part of the transferred assets.
If you have questions or suggestions you can contact Melltoo’s user support team by sending an email to email@example.com, or contacting us via customer support chat admin chat on either Melltoo mobile application or Melltoo website.
Listing Items for Sale on Melltoo
Melltoo’s Services include providing an online platform for users to list, browse and purchase listings of new and secondhand products.
As a user of Melltoo, you can list your items to be offered for sale via the Melltoo platform in several categories.
- Used vehicles, vehicle parts and automotive accessories
- Mobile devices and mobile accessories
- Computers, PCs, laptops, hardware equipment and licensed software packages
- Cameras and imaging equipment and accessories
- Electronic games and gaming consoles
- Home furniture, office furniture and household durables
- Home appliances and white goods
- Electronics accessories
- Design fashion clothing and accessories for both males and females
- Babies and children clothing
- Baby items and children toys
- Books, magazines and academic references
- Handcrafts and handmade clothes
Items That Cannot Be Listed for Sale on Melltoo
Melltoo prohibits the listing of all types of services on its mobile application and website as well as items that cannot be shipped via Melltoo shipping system. Consequently, Melltoo prohibits the listing and sale of the following items.
- All kinds of services;
- Jobs and job-related posts;
- Personal ads and community events;
- Living animals and pets;
- Food, beverages spirit drinks and alcoholics;
- Medications, tablets and medical preparations;
- Flammables and flammable fireworks;
- Fake skincare products and cosmetics;
- Firearms and ammunition;
- Gold coins and nuggets;
- Cigarettes, e-cigarettes and other smoking equipment;
- Pornographic materials.
Important Disclaimer: We do not allow items outside one country to be sold internationally. Sellers can only list items they own and are in their possession in the United Arab Emirates and Egypt only.
Melltoo’s moderation team screens all listings prior to them appearing in the marketplace. This is to maintain a desirable product mix for the marketplace. Listings are approved or removed based on the following:
- Image policy;
- Price accuracy;
- Prohibited listings;
- Duplicate items.
Buyers on Melltoo base their purchase decisions on the images presented in a listing. Hence, photographs in the listing should be taken by the seller and must be of the actual item for sale. Generic photos of the same or similar products copied from a different website are prohibited.
In addition, image clarity is important to ensure that all flaws and blemishes (if any) of the product are accurately represented. Images that are blurred or distorted will be removed.
Sellers must include accurate and detailed description of the items they are selling on Melltoo. Description must include valid and up-to-date details about the item to be offered for sale via Melltoo such as state of the item (new, old, ripped, slightly damaged, etc.) or details about its functionality.
T description may not include a violation of the Melltoo Pay & Ship system such as refusal to sell via Melltoo shipping and payment system or a fraudulent request for cash transfers. Melltoo team reserves the right to block such posts and the corresponding seller without prior notification at Melltoo’s sole discretion
The price sellers select at the time of listing their item should be the sale price at which the seller is willing to sell. Listing an item with a very low price only to reject the order once a buyer purchases is grounds for account suspension. Melltoo moderators will automatically remove listings that have unusually low prices.
Listings for overly high prices will also be removed.
In cases where the shipping costs are misrepresented, the listing will also be removed. The reason for this is to avoid buyer disappointment. Since orders with inaccurate shipping costs will be cancelled, listings with inaccurate shipping costs will be removed.
The Melltoo moderation team automatically removes all items with duplicate titles. We encourage Melltoo sellers to sell unique items on the mobile application and the website. We discourage volume sales of the same items even with slight variations such as size or color. In order to give sellers equal chances, the moderation team will also block remove items and may prevent a seller from adding any more listings on either the mobile application or the website.
After initial moderation, a listing will show up on the Melltoo product feed. We reserve the right to remove items that are deemed unsuitable at our sole discretion, even after initial approval. Users who have their items removed will not be informed about the decision to remove their listings prior to removal. However, if they feel that their listings have been removed in error, they may request a review by the user support team via in-app messaging or by email.
Occasionally, the Melltoo moderation team will block other types of listings that are flagged by our community as unsuitable (e.g. refurbished phones, fake products, deceptively described items and so forth).
A listing may be removed for one of the following reasons:
- Contains nudity or inappropriate content
- Listing is for an item that is prohibited for sale on Melltoo
- Offering animals or livestock for sale
- Images are copied from another user or website or are blurred and unrecognizable
- Reason to believe that the item is misrepresented
- Reason to believe that the item is not really for sale or unavailable
- Listings are repetitive and repeatedly posted in a very short amount of time
Pricing of Melltoo Services and Shipping Fees
The listed price of an item (as determined by the seller) composes of the following:
- “You Get” = amount the seller gets once the sale is complete
Commissions are paid by sellers as a fee for using Melltoo services as follows:
- Minimum commission amount is AED 5
- 12% commission on items whose price is under AED 1,000
- 10% commission on items whose price is above AED 1,000
- Maximum commission amount is AED 100
In order to incentivize new sellers and encourage them to offer their products for sale via Melltoo, Melltoo grants newly registered sellers a waiver of commission on their first three* listings. However, sellers are not allowed to create multiple user accounts for the purposes of avoiding commissions. If a seller is found to have created multiple accounts in order to avoid paying commissions, all of their transactions will be subject to retroactive commission fees. In such cases, an audit of the seller’s accounts will be conducted by the Melltoo Security and Anti-Fraud Enforcement (SAFE) team, and previously waived commission amounts will be deducted from their cash balance without prior notice.
*this is subject to change without advance notice
Note: Any abuse of this commission waiver policy may result in the immediate suspension of your user account(s) without prior notice.
Shipping fees are flat and are the same across the UAE. They are included in the listing price that is displayed.
- From 0 to 5 kilograms = AED 20
- From 0 to 5 kilograms = AED 20 + AED 1 for each additional kg above 5 kilograms
- Bulk items whose weight ranges from 0 to 10 kilograms (e.g. strollers, kids bicycles, small furniture) = AED 40 per single piece
- Shipping fees for larger items are often calculated and agreed upon with users on an individual case by case basis
Purchase Payments and Sale Withdrawals
There are three payment options available while purchasing items listed for sale on the Melltoo:
- Existing Melltoo balance consisting of cash amounts available in your Melltoo wallet and Melltoo free credit or referral credit;
- Credit, debit or prepaid cards;
- Cash on delivery.
Once a sale is completed, the “You Get” amount is credited to the seller’s account. The seller then has the option to withdraw this amount or keep the amount in his account for future purchases.
Once a withdrawal request is received, we process it within 3-5 business days. However, if inaccurate information is provided or other issues occur with third party transfer agents (banks, cash transfer agents), withdrawals may take up to 7-10 business days.
The following policies apply when processing withdrawal requests.
- There is a maximum limit of one withdrawal request that can be processed for a single. beneficiary (not user account) per week.
- Withdrawals to free credit are worth 125% of cash balance and are not reversible.
- Cash transfers (Western Union, etc) under AED 1,500 incur a transfer fee of AED 30 per transaction.
- Cash transfers (Western Union, etc) over AED 1,500 are free of charges.
- Direct bank transfer withdrawals are always free in the UAE. The minimum withdrawal amount for bank transfers is 100 AED.
- Withdrawals to Mashreq Bank ATM’s are free and disbursed in multiples of AED 100.
Cancellations, Returns, and Refunds
Requested within 24 hours of purchase or order acceptance. If a request to cancel is made within 24 hours after purchase (by buyer) or order acceptance (by seller), no fee is levied.
Requested more than 1 day after purchase or order acceptance. If a request to cancel is made 1 day after purchase (by buyer) or order acceptance (by seller), a 20 AED fee is deducted from the requesting party’s balance. These are processing costs associated with courier charges.
Any user who has more than 3 cancellations in a 30-day period may have their account suspended without notice.
- We guarantee that a buyer will receive the item he purchased or his payment will be refunded.
- We guarantee that a seller will get payment for the item he sold or he will get his item back in the same condition it was shipped.
- Refunds are processed within 5-7 business days after the reason for the refund is justified and approved.
- When shopping through either Melltoo mobile application or Melltoo website, both sellers and buyers are protected by Melltoo’s new payment feature called “Pay & Ship Secure”. This means that sellers will be guaranteed by Melltoo to receive their sales proceeds if they sell their items via our delivery services. Buyers are also equally protected by Melltoo. Buyers may request full, conditional refund if they would like to return an item they had bought through Melltoo Pay & Ship Secure service.
- Offline transactions between Melltoo sellers and buyers are not protected under Pay & Ship Secure coverage. Thus, Melltoo will not be liable to refund neither buyers nor sellers.
A buyer may return an item if he initiates a return (by tapping on the “Return” button in-app) within 3 days of receiving the item. A customer service agent will contact the buyer to request the reason for the return. The buyer is required to respond within 3 days or the return request will be cancelled.
Valid reasons for returns include:
- Item received is not the item that was purchased
- Item is not as described in the posted ad or does not match the photograph in the ad
- Item has significant flaws that greatly affect usability and these flaws were NOT mentioned in the ad
Invalid reasons for returns include:
- Buyer changed his mind
- Buyer doesn’t “like” the “color” or some other subjective characteristic of the item that doesn’t impact usability and function
- Item doesn’t fit even though the size indicated is accurate
- Item doesn’t function in a specific manner desired by the buyer, but that is not customary of the product (e.g. an Android phone that cannot download apps from Apple App Store)
In the event that the reason for return is INVALID, a buyer may still return the item WITH SELLER’S APPROVAL. The buyer will be responsible for the shipping costs (2-ways) of the original transaction and the return transaction. In most cases, the shipping cost in 40 AED, but in cases where the item is large, shipping costs will vary.
In the event of a dispute between buyer and seller, Melltoo will arbitrate between the two parties based on the posted ad, in-app communications (chats and comments) and photographic evidence provided by users. If either party does not provide requested evidence within 3 days, the dispute will be dropped in favor of the opposing party.
In the event of lost packages, we are committed to protecting our users (both buyers and sellers) when such unintended mistakes happen. Accordingly, we are committed to either retrieving the correct package or refunding the user affected by the mistake for the actual value of the lost item. By actual value we mean the fair market value of the lost item (either new or used) after reaching agreement with the buyer or the seller. This will be settled between the affected party and Melltoo’s user support team.
You can only reclaim a lost package within one week after you are notified that the package has been delivered. Regardless of our response time, we will take into account the first time you sent us an inquiry with the specific order ID of the lost item.
Pick-Up (When a User Sells an Item)
For any courier pickup for a newly placed order, we will make 3 attempts to pick up the item. After the third attempt, we reserve the right to cancel the order without notifying the seller and refund the buyer.
In cases of multiple failed order pickups caused by a single seller for no valid reason, we reserve the right to either suspend or permanently terminate the seller’s user account at our sole discretion and without prior notification.
Community Guidelines for Interaction
Melltoo is both a marketplace and a community. Members are encouraged to connect and communicate in public and private spaces through the mobile application. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind:
- Please use your best judgment when posting in these spaces or sharing your personal information with others on Melltoo.
- Be aware that any personal information you share there can be read, collected, or used by others, or could be used to send you unsolicited messages.
- Melltoo will remove any ad listings with overt personal or contact information such as email and phone numbers. However, you are welcome to share your personal information via private chat if you so choose on your own responsibility.
- Another Melltoo member may follow you to receive updates about your public profile activity such as new listings and posted reviews. You have the option to flag members if you do not wish to share your updates with that specific person in your own discretion.
- Melltoo offers a built-in instant messaging platform that allows buyers and sellers to communicate privately within Melltoo mobile application. You have the option to block the user you are chatting with if you so choose. Once blocked, the user will no longer be able to send you private instant in-app messages or post comments on your listings.
- You may unblock and manage blocked users through app settings.
- In the case of experiencing any technical issues, please consult with the Melltoo user support team who will help you report your technical problem and fix the issue.
Melltoo Referral Program
There is a lifetime CAP of Melltoo referral credit of AED 1,000* – you can therefore refer up to 50* friends with your unique referral link.
The Melltoo Referral Program offered by Melltoo was created with the goal of rewarding loyal customers (“Referrer” or “Participant”) who recommend friends, colleagues and family members (“Participant” or “Referree”) join Melltoo’s vibrant marketplace. The Program was also established to reward the friends, colleagues and family members who took Referrers’ advice and joined our community, by offering them a reward for signing up!
The following Melltoo Referral Program Terms and Conditions (“Program Terms and Conditions”) contain important information about the Program and the way that relationships between Referrers, Referrees and Melltoo will be regulated. These terms represent a binding agreement between the aforementioned parties and will govern each party’s’ participation in any and all Program offers.
Melltoo reserves the right to modify these Program Terms and Conditions at any time at its sole discretion, and without notice to Participants. Participation in the Program is considered an acceptance of Program Terms and Conditions and any modifications which might be made. Melltoo also reserves the right to change, cancel, suspend, or modify any aspect of the Program without notice. Furthermore, Melltoo also reserves the right to disqualify any Participants or prospective Participants at any time from participation in the Program. For further information and inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Definition of Eligible Participants
By participating in the Program, Referrers affirm that the Referees they have provided are eligible and that they agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Program in its entirety,
Eligible Participants (Referrers and Referrers) will be defined as:
- A UAE Resident;
- Over the age of 18;
- A real individual (i.e. not a bogus identity created for the purpose of accumulating referral credit or engaging in lewd, inappropriate or criminal behavior).
- Referrers may refer as many eligible Participants as they like and receive 20AED of Melltoo credit in their Melltoo Wallet for each valid referral,
- Referrers can’t refer Participants who already have a Melltoo account,
Definition of Valid, Invalid, Successful and Incomplete Referrals
A referral is valid when an existing Melltoo account holder invites individuals with no previous Melltoo account to download Melltoo mobile application using their unique referral link. Referrals are not valid where the Referrer and the Referee are the same person.
A referral is successful and complete when:
- A Referrer uses their unique referral link (Referrers can obtain their unique referrals links by reviewing our policies) to invite a new Participant to download the Melltoo application;
- The Referee signs up for a new account via the referral link and subsequently downloads the Melltoo mobile application and logs in;
- Both the Referrer and the Referee immediately receive AED 20 Melltoo credit in their Melltoo Wallets, after following all the correct rules and procedures.
A referral is invalid or incomplete when:
- A Referrer creates dummy identities with no valid and verifiable email addresses and phone numbers to invite themselves to download the Melltoo mobile application in an effort to accumulate credit;
- A Referrer coerces prospective Participants to obtain their identity, email accounts and phone numbers to create dummy accounts, with or without their consent, to accumulate Melltoo credit;
- A Referree uses a different download link (i.e. not the Referrer’s unique referral link) to download the Melltoo mobile application;
- A Referree fails to download and log into the Melltoo mobile application;
- Neither the Referrer nor the Referree immediately receive 20 AED Melltoo credit in their Melltoo Wallets, despite having followed all the correct rules and procedures.
Usage of Melltoo Credit
- After each successful referral, both Referrers and Referees will be credited with AED 20* of credit in their Melltoo Wallets, which they can spend immediately.
- Melltoo credit accumulated from referrals can only be used to purchase items in-app.
- Up to 50%* of the purchase price or a maximum of AED 100* can be paid using free credit.
- Melltoo credit accumulated from referrals cannot be withdrawn or transferred to other users.
*Amounts and the number of users who can be referred are both subject to change without notice. Please refer to the application for current amount.
Melltoo Impacter Program
Melltoo has created and adopted a new program called “Impacter” in response to the feedback of sellers in the UAE. Sellers can now resell their items on the Melltoo platform for a cause. When they resell for a cause, people in-need benefit and win.
As part of the program, we have partnered with charities, such as the UAE Red Crescent and Salma Aid that are licensed to collect donations in the UAE. We will add new causes along the way in an effort to increase our and your impact on society
Participation in Impacter Program on Melltoo
Below are the steps for participating in the program:
- Sellers choose to add an “Impacter” badge to their listings in the feed;
- Sellers choose a registered charity to whom they donate their sale proceeds whether in part or in full;
- Organization receives money and sellers receive “Impacter credit*” in-app.
Note: The donation amount is equal to the cash amount that the seller would usually receive (The amount the seller would usually receive will now go to charity of choice instead.)
* Every time you successfully sell a new item that is marked for “impacter”, you receive impacter credit. In the near future, Impacter credit can be redeemed for freebies provided by our partners.
For further information and inquiries about Melltoo Impacter, please visit http://blog.melltoo.com/tag/impacter/ or contact us at email@example.com
Fraud Prevention and Accounts Suspension
Melltoo Marketplace and Melltoo employees reserve the right to flag, cancel and investigate every single transaction that took place on Melltoo including checking the identity of both seller and buyer on both ends and their contact and payment information as well.
If either users were found to break Melltoo’s Terms and Conditions, one or both accounts will be suspended either temporarily or permanently. For all fraud-related inquiries concerning payment or withdrawal requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further claims.
Melltoo may at its sole discretion, block users who consistently violate the image policy or sell prohibited items. Melltoo may also suspend accounts of high volume sellers.
A user account may be temporarily suspended or permanently terminated at the sole discretion of the Melltoo team for activity that contravenes Melltoo Terms and Conditions or perceived as inappropriate or fraudulent, including but not limited to prohibited transfer of balances between accounts, buying and selling among linked accounts with the purposes of cashing out free credit *, credit card fraud, general abuse of returns and cancellations policies and harassing other users.
* All credit card fraud cases are reported to local authorities without prior notice, all relevant account information including names, emails, mobile numbers, and addressed will be shared with local authorities
Account Suspensions and Terminations
This section is about account termination whereby termination is a unilateral decision made by Melltoo (management and employees) to suspend a user’s account indefinitely. As enablers of peer2peer commerce, Melltoo is responsible for creating and maintaining a community of trust among buyers, sellers and the company and its employees.
Melltoo may suspend or terminate a user’s account for any of the reasons cited below:
- Being given three (consecutive or nonconsecutive) 1 to 2-star ratings by other users. (Needs a thoughtful review since it is not actually implemented)
- More than three order cancellations from the same buyer account without sufficient, reasonable and valid justification.
- More than three order cancellations from the same seller account without sufficient, reasonable and valid justification.
- More than three returns from the same seller’s account without sufficient, reasonable and valid justification.
- More than three returns to the same seller by dissatisfied buyers who provide justifications that indicate seller’s fault.
- More than three complaints received by Melltoo about the same user account reported by other users.
- Any abuse of the referral program or violation of its associated policies by creating fake* accounts as referees or prohibited uses of referral and free credit as defined in this User Agreement.
- Reported harassment** of any other member of the Melltoo user community as well as Melltoo employees and partners whether interpersonally or through means of electronic communication
- All of the preceding rules in place are set by the Melltoo Company to protect the community from fraud and to ensure good relations among users.
- All these rules apply to the mobile application Melltoo Marketplace, and other complimentary services such as Melltoo Pay & Ship and MelltooPay, as well as all other mobile trade applications owned by Irsane Inc.
*Fake is all user account whose identity cannot be verified by email correspondence and phone calls.
**As defined by the Merriam Webster English dictionary, harassment is the act of making unwelcome intrusions upon another.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the United Arab Emirates for customers and transactions that take place in the United Arab Emirates.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for customers and transactions that take place in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
United Arab Emirates
DTEC, First Floor,
Dubai Silicon Oasis, UAE
License No. 1656
شركة مالتوو العربية للاتصالات و تقنية المعلومات
7335 Al Amir Turki Ibn Abdul Aziz (Al Awwa), An Nakheel District, Unit 525, Riyadh 12385 – 2185. PO Box 7351
License No. 10210400487363