Cancellation is nearly impossible after an order has been picked-up from the seller and on its way in delivery to the buyer.
- There are no cancellation fees if cancelled day of order placement.
- There are cancellation fees of 20 dhs incurred by buyer or seller if one or either requests a cancellation of their order after it has been booked for delivery.
The fee is purely procedural. It covers the the time and logistics of booking an order for delivery and cancelling it on behalf of the Melltoo Marketplace team and the partner shipping company.
There are three options available to pay on the Melltoo app:
You can buy items on Melltoo app with your referral credit:
- We’ve implemented a new policy to reduce free credit to cover only 50% of the price instead of 100% at the start of Melltoo.
- From now on 50% of the price have to be paid either by credit card online on the app or by cash on delivery when you receive the item.
Cash on delivery
You can buy items on the Melltoo app while pay only upon delivery.
This form is to document cases of contested delivery
- Buyer claims non-delivery of their purchased item despite delivery status by shipping company
- Seller claims non-delivery of their returned item despite delivery status by shipping company
For more information on policies, please read the extended version on Melltoo’s terms and conditions page.
This form is to document cases of the following:
- I received the wrong order 1 (a different order ID than the one I have purchased)
- I received the wrong order 2 (correct order ID on the airway bill, but item is different)
- The delivery courier is asking me to pay delivery charges
- The delivery courier is asking me to pay a different amount than COD amount
- The delivery courier is delivering a different item than the one I ordered + rejected the delivery
Melltoo is a peer to peer marketplace for preloved and second hand items as well as new items that are UNIQUE. We are not built for business sellers who purchase new things for resale. As a result, business selling on Melltoo is not allowed.
If you are selling:
- Items that are new.
- Many of the same items.
- Many similar items that vary only in color, brand or other nonfunctional characteristics
- Items purchased to be resold for a profit
- Remove all your listings.
- Send you a warning.
- If you continue to list new items for business selling, we will revoke your ability to list items for sale
Please take note of the withdrawal policies applicable to all sellers
- 1 payment per beneficiary (not account) per week. In other words, if you have multiple accounts (which is against policies) that request withdrawals to the same beneficiary, only 1 withdrawal will be completed to this beneficiary per week.
- Power (high volume) sellers (more than 30 transactions per month) may only withdraw a maximum of 5000 AED per month.
- Bank transfers (free) take 5-7 working days from the date of request (assuming all provided information is correct)
- Western Union transfers take 7-9 working days from the date of request (assuming all provided information is correct)
- Western Union transfers under 1000 AED incur a 20 AED fee, over 1000 AED is free of cost
We welcome sellers of preloved and new items that are UNIQUE.
Orders are typically picked up and delivered within 5-7 business in absence of delays. Delays can occur when the seller or buyer does not provide the correct shipping information (detailed address and mobile number) or does not answer the courier team phone calls.
We recommend dealing with users who have good ratings or listings.
Withdrawals are subject to few policies on Melltoo Marketplace:
- Bank transfers usually take 7 business days (assuming all provided information is correct)
- Western Union transfers usually take up to 9 business days
- Western Union transfers under 1000 AED incur a 20 AED fee, over 1000 AED is free of cost, beneficiary must be a UAE resident above 18 years of age.
- Cardless ATM withdrawals take 3-5 business days
Additionally, there are other terms that regulate withdrawals from your Melltoo app account:
Hi, kindly take note of our withdrawal policies:
- We only process 1 payment per beneficiary (not account/username) per week. In other words, if you have multiple accounts (which is against our policies) that request withdrawals to the same beneficiary will not be processed the same week. Only 1 withdrawal will be completed to this beneficiary per 1 week.
- Business (high volume) sellers (more than 50 transactions per month) may only withdraw a maximum of 5000 AED per month.
Most common reasons for an account being blocked:
- General abuse of community rules (disrespectful behavior, harassment of other members, obscenity)
- Fraudulent activity (prohibited transfer of balances between accounts, buying and selling among linked accounts with the purposes of “cashing out” free credit)
- General abuse of returns/cancellations (more than 3 combined)
- Repeated violation of item post image policy: read more
- Credit card fraud (this will be reported to local authorities without prior notice, all relevant account information including names, emails, mobile numbers, and addressed will be shared with local authorities)
If your account has been blocked, we will continue to honor your pending transactions except if you had committed a fraudulent activity (type 2 or 5).
Once your account is blocked, free/referral credit is revoked and cannot be returned back.
A thorough audit of your transactions will be performed and any available cash balances will be paid out within 180 days, except in the cases where transactions fall under type 2 or 5 listed above.
If your account is blocked, you will receive an email indicating the reasons for the decision. You may contest the decision at this time.
Please make sure you have the latest update of Melltoo application and that you’re trying to verify the same number on your account if there is already one.
There are many reasons for cancelled transactions. As enablers of peer-to-peer commerce in the UAE, we wish every transaction be complete, but there are exceptions.
Cancellations of shipment
Melltoo and partner courier companies will only attempt to pick up an item for sale three times. If the item is not ready for shipping within three trials, the collection becomes void and the transaction may be unilaterally cancelled by the Melltoo team.
Please read: I just sold something, when will the courier come?
Cancellations of delivery
Melltoo and partner courier companies will only attempt to deliver an item three times to the buyer’s provided address. We will take any timing and scheduling issues into consideration as well as location changes, but we request to be informed before the second failed delivery attempt. All non-delivered items will be cancelled 5 business days after date of pick-up from seller.
Please read: When will my order come?
Cancellation fees cover the administrative costs associated with order booking and subsequent cancellations. Orders cancelled after they have been booked and confirmed will be charged a fee of 20AED.
Orders cancelled within 24 hours of purchase hour are free of charge.